- It is hard to survive on both a vegetarian and gluten free diet – I added meat back into my diet 6 months after going gluten free. Props to you if you’re both vegetarian and gluten free.
- After eliminating wheat, rye, barley and oats from my diet, there are still delicious foods that I can eat.
- Educate your family and friends about Celiac Disease. They may just think it’s a “fad” until you tell them why you’re eating gluten free.
- I’ve never used skin care products that have been so healthy for my skin. Many gluten free cosmetics are also natural and organic.
- Gluten free doesn’t have to be expensive.
- Eating gluten free doesn’t mean just buying everything that’s gluten free at the grocer – meats, veggies and fruits are the best way to go.
- Don’t be afraid to travel out of the country. Many other countries are knowledgeable about gluten free foods.
- I’m blessed to have no food allergies in addition to Celiac Disease. Many people I know also have allergies to dairy, eggs, nuts, etc...
- Betty Crocker Gluten Free Brownies made with applesauce are even better than her traditional brownies.
- It’s ok to call the chef or manager to your table at a restaurant to ensure you’ll eat a safe and gluten free meal in their establishment.
- Never assume there are no croutons on a salad if they are not listed on the salad on the menu. Always check with the waiter.
- Family owned restaurants that offer a gluten free menu because a member of their family has Celiac Disease typically provide the best service to gluten free diners.
- Not all gluten free breads are created equal.
- Almost everyone knows someone with Celiac Disease or gluten free dietary needs.
- I will make mistakes and get ‘glutened’ at one point no matter how careful I am.
Your turn! What is the biggest lesson you learned after going gluten free? Share with us in the comments below.
Like what you see? Never miss a post! Subscribe here.
Ready to Glow? Get 7 smoothie bowl recipes that will make you glow from the inside out!
Plus get gluten free recipes + lifestyle tips... It's Free!