Let’s face it, life is busy and sometimes it’s difficult to feel like you have enough energy to get through the day. Caffeine can help you wake up a little bit, but it doesn’t last, and caffeine can cause other health problems. Sugar can help you get a spike of energy too, but you don’t want to go there. It’s a path to diabetes, weight gain, and inevitable energy crashes.
So what do you do? The solution might be right under your nose. Essential oils have long been used for a wide variety of solutions. One common use is to inhale essential oils to relax. For example, you might use lavender oil in a warm bath to help you fall asleep at night. There are a handful of essential oils that provide the opposite effect and can be inhaled or sniffed, to give you energy.
7 Essential Oils for Energy
- Citrus – Lemon, grapefruit, tangerine, and orange all have revitalizing characteristics. You may find shampoos and bath and body products with a citrus scent. These are designed to wake you up in the morning. However, with essential oils you can use them all day long.
- Peppermint – Peppermint oil is used for a wide variety of pharmaceutical and culinary treatments, ranging from migraines to helping heal an upset stomach. It also helps you feel more energetic. Additionally, it blends nicely with citrus scents, especially orange.
- Rosemary – Rosemary is stimulating and is effective for improving your mental clarity. If you need to be alert (for example, you have to drive home after a long day of work or you’re working on an important project well past the end of your normal workday) then spritz a bit of rosemary in the air and inhale.
- Juniper – Juniper has an uplifting scent that will not only help you feel more energetic, it may also boost your mood.
- Ginger – Ginger is a scent that is fresh and bright. While you may not prefer the oil alone, it blends quite well either the other essential oils on this list and many more.
- Clary Sage – This crisp scent is used to lighten your mood and make you feel more alert.
- Ylang-Ylang – A common addition to many perfumes, ylang-ylang is another essential oil that lifts mood and helps you feel more awake.
You can find some pre-made energy blends. However, you may be more interested in experimenting and creating your own custom essential oil energy blend.
Creating Your Own Energy Blend
The key to an effective energy oil blend is to build it around your favorite scent. Generally speaking, people tend to prefer the base of their energy blend to be a citrus scent. However, if you prefer peppermint or rosemary instead, then that can be your base. The other oils that you add serve to supplement and deepen the aroma. For example, you might use:
- Orange – 10 drops
- Peppermint – 5 drops
- Ginger – 2 drops
- Fill the remainder of the roll on with Fractionated Coconut Oil
Try rolling the oils on your wrists when you need a pick me up. What a great way to gain natural energy and a lift in mental clarity and mood. You’re able to carry your oil blend with you wherever you go.