Truth is out that I’m a snacker. Anyone else guilty of snacking? While it can be hard to curb your desire to snack, it’s much easier to change what foods your eating. These Cocoa Protein Balls are one of my all time favorite snacks. They are easy to make and can hold up well when you’re traveling (or commuting).
Snacking without the Guilt
Imagine if shredded coconut and chocolate had a baby. Then add a little cinnamon to the mix. That’s what you get with these Raw Cocoa protein balls. Of course, the shredded coconut at the end is totally optional if you aren’t a fan, but I promise – give it a try!
I love the protein balls so much that I have a few of my favorite recipes them inside my signature 14-Day Gluten Free Glow Elimination Diet program.
This recipe will give you about a baker’s dozen of the balls. If you do plan to share them (or at least try), then you might want to make a double batch to get started.
They can be served right after you make them or put them in the fridge to cool first. It’s up to you!
Here’s the Gluten Free Cocoa Protein Balls Recipe:
- ½ cup plain plant protein powder
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon bee pollen (optional)
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened dark cocoa powder or cacao
- ¼ cup shredded coconut flakes (optional)
- 2 tablespoons raw honey, agave, maple syrup, or coconut nectar
- ¼ cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil
- Combine all dry ingredients in a small bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to the bowl and mix thoroughly until well combined.
- Use a large spoon or tablespoon to scoop batter and roll into balls.
- Roll the balls in shredded coconut flakes to coat (optional).
- Serve as is or refrigerate before serving.