Guacamole is my
life favorite snack in the world. There are always at least 2 ripe avocados waiting in the wings here at home – just in case the guacamole crave-train comes along.
When did my obsession with avocados begin?
I can’t remember the first time, but I’m pretty sure it happened in Los Cabos, Mexico on a trip with my mom in 2006. Yes mom – I’m
blaming this on thanking you.
After having just-mashed guacamole, it’s difficult to settle for the store-bought-kind.
There’s a traditional Mexican restaurant right on my block. You know the kind that mashes up guacamole right in front of you. I craved guacamole, but could only get it at this restaurant. What about those 2am guacamole cravings?! So, I did what any aspiring chef would do. I spent countless hours there researching exactly how to combine the ingredients to make the best homemade guacamole. Finally, my perfected guacamole recipe was discovered in the Summer 2013.
But, little did I know it wasn’t finalized yet…
In September 2013, I started using essential oils to help manage my Celiac Disease side-effects, but really they became important when I started adding them to my cooking! (Note: only ingest Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade essential oils, not those cheap ones you find at the dollar store.)
One winter day when I had used up the last of my fresh herbs, I was at a loss. How could I possibly make guacamole without fresh cilantro? Then the light bulb struck. Why not try Cilantro essential oil instead of the fresh herbs? Then another one – why not use the Lime essential oil, too?!
Minutes later stood before me the most AMAZING guacamole that I’ve ever tasted, but the essential oils made it even healthier for two reasons:
- Cilantro essential oil reduces anxious feelings.
- Lime essential oil revitalizes your skin.
Now I want to share my famous guacamole recipe with you! Here it is:
Prep time: 5 minutes
4 – 6 servings (depending on how much you and your guests love guacamole!)
- 2 ripened avocados
- 1 oz fresh cilantro, diced or 2 drops of doTERRA’s Cilantro Essential Oil
- 1/2 lime, juiced or 2 drops of doTERRA’s Lime Essential Oil
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper, diced
- Salt to taste
- 1 bag of tortilla chips, I love dipping with the Way Better Unbeatable Blues!
- Finely dice the white onion, jalapeño pepper and cilantro. Place in Molcajete or medium bowl.
- Cut the avocados in half and remove the seed.
- Scoop out avacado from the peel, put in a mixing bowl.
- Mash together using the pestle or using a fork.
- Add salt to taste (be careful not to over salt if you have chosen a salty chip)
- Garnish with a cilantro leaf, if desired.
Want to start cooking with essential oils? Learn more about how to get your essential oils here. Don’t forget to ask me about wholesale pricing!
Are you an avocado lover? How else do you like to eat your avocado?